You know that feeling when you want to do something more with your photos, but it's a bit overwhelming to get started?
Me too. I know how hard it is to get started (or restart), stay organized, and find creative time. Likewise, I know that when you gather together your photos and words, turn them into a story, and share that story with others, it's deeply connecting. I can see myself in your story. You can see yourself in mine. Our common stories bring us closer.
Even if you keep your stories to yourself, creating them helps you remember (and, sometimes, discover), celebrate, and calibrate your life. Reflecting on the journey—the easy parts, the hard parts, and everything in between—can help you grow into a better version of yourself. It's powerful stuff. Plus, holding your story in your hands summons some pretty awesome emotions as you remember the events of the story.
Which is why the mission at Photos+Words is world domination through storytelling.
Hah! I'm kidding. For realsie, my aim is to help you develop as a storyteller, photographer, and designer—in your own way and at your own pace. To that end, the supplies, tools, and workshops here at Photos+Words are built to suit your time, your creative appetite, and your storytelling and design intentions. They are designed to help you document what matters, stay organized, and combine your photos and words in creative ways so that your important experiences and what they mean to you aren’t lost or forgotten. (We can focus on world domination later.)
Subscribe to monthly news via The Inside Scoop
Get Started with The Inside Scoop
Subscribe for free and get monthly news, inspiration, and projects ideas + for a limited time, receive a coupon for:
a free starter kit + a free step-by-step video course + Insider Access
(hurry, coupon expires soon)
How to Get the Most Out of Photos+Words
To get the most out of Photos+Words, I recommend becoming an Insider with Insider Access because...
Photos+Words Insider Access Allows You To:
- Share your stories in the Storyteller's Gallery.
- Create password protected albums to share with friends/family through the Private Albums tool.
- Keep track of story ideas, projects, project supplies and elements, and your progress via the My Story Projects tool.
- Have first chance at limited spots for free and paid Photos+Words Events/Group Fun (for projects like, Group Circle Journal Projects)
- Get access to special, Insiders-Only classes in The Workshop. Plus, get first chance at limited spots for specific workshops or classes.
- Earn Rewards and save $$ at checkout—each Reward spent takes a penny off of your purchase total!
- Unlock viewing capabilities of the My Stash tool to amp up your powers to keep your supplies organized.
Who is Liz?
Liz Ness lives in the Pacific Northwest and is the geeky engineer-turned-photographer-turned-visual-storyteller behind Photos+Words. A former writer for Photoshop Elements Techniques Magazine (and blog) and a freelance graphic artist, Liz is eager to share stories and some of her favorite tricks, tips, and tools of the trade with you.
Super power: Though Liz is often flummoxed by fashion and what to have for dinner, she finds it easy to beat the 1 in 10,000 odds of finding four-leaf clovers (and is beginning to wonder if that’s a made-up statistic).