How Information Is Collected
Information You Publish
When you post to the site via site comments, the Members Gallery, or elsewhere on the site, the information you provide must be considered as becoming public information. Further, when you register, some information (like your username) becomes public information, as well. Therefore, while PhotosPlusWords.com takes reasonable measures to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information, it is our policy that you protect your own privacy.
(Please refer to the Terms of Service and Use for more details.)
Purpose/Use of Collected Information
PhotosPlusWords.com collects both:
- Non-personally identifying information typical of most websites. For example, browser type, language preference, referring site, the date and time of visitors, and the duration of their visits.
- Personally identifying information like your IP address, your email address, your membership/access level, and so on.
This information is used to:
- Better understand how visitors/customers use the website.
- Improve the overall visitor/customer experience.
- Complete specific user-site interactions, such as a purchase transaction or a given field update within a course.
PhotosPlusWords.com takes reasonable measures to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information and will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone, unless it's:
- Required to do so by law, or when PhotosPlusWords.com believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of PhotosPlusWords.com, third parties, or the public at large. (Please refer to the Terms of Service and Use for more details.)
- Requested by employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that need to know the information in order to process it on PhotosPlusWords.com's behalf in order to provide services available via the website.